"You can't spell cHAMpIons without IHMA"

History

________________________________________________________

IMMACULATE HEART OF MARY of Kitcharao, Agusan del Norte existed with the

concerted efforts of the Missionaries of the Sacred Heart (MSC) and the parishioners

of Kitcharao-Jabonga Parish in the year 1957. Its existence is credited to:

 

            * REV. FR. HERMAN VAN DER SMAN

                        - Diocesan Superintendent of Catholic Schools of  Surigao Diocese

            * REV. FR. ANTHONY BODDEN

                        - Parish Priest, Kitcharao-Jabonga 1955 – 1959

            * MR. ABUNDIO DESCALLAR

                        - initiated the opening of the First Year Curriculum

           

The School BOARD OF TRUSTEES

                        * Mr. Felix Basadre

                        * Mr. Segundo Ladaga

                        * Mr. Eustaquiano Ysalina

                        * Mr. Teodoro Ysalina

                        * Mr. Ricardo Odvina

 

CURRICULUM YEAR OPENING

            FIRST YEAR CURRICULUM                            1957-1958

            SECOND YEAR CURRICULUM                        1958-1959

            THIRD YEAR CURRICULUM                            1964-1965

            FOURTH YEAR CURRICULUM                         1965-1966

 

 

SCHOOL DIRECTORS

            * Rev. Fr. Anthony Bodden, MSC                   1957-1959

            * Rev. Fr. Andress Gezsbert, MSC                 1959-1964

            * Rev. Fr. Gerardo Cruizzen, MSC                 1964-1969

            * Rev. Fr. Jose Van Aspirin, MSC                   1969-1975

            * Rev. Fr. Mateo Van Santvoord, MSC           1975-1979

            * Rev. Fr. Roberto Villanueva, MSC               1979-1980

            * Rev. Fr. Herman Van Der Sman, MSC         1980-1983

            * Rev. Fr. Alberto D. Parajes, DCB                1983-1991

            * Rev. Fr. Roberto T. Butawan, DCB              1991-1996

            * Rev. Fr. Antonio A. Saniel, DCB                  1996-2000

            * Rev. Fr. Isaleo C. Madelo, DCB                   2000-at present

 

SCHOOL PRINCIPALS

            * Mr. Abundio Descallar                                 1957-1959

            * Mr. Johnny O. Chan                                    1959-1985

            * Mrs. Lucita C. Odchigue                              1985-2003

            * Mrs. Maryrose M. Morales                           2004-at present

 

The first academic building was started with four classrooms which expanded

to eight classrooms. An annex of two room building is added to house the offices,

library and laboratory facilities. The school environment is conducive to learning,

away from vehicular noise and distractions. It has a spacious drill / playground

covering an area of 6,134 sq. meters, well-kept comfort rooms and water source.

It is enclosed with a concrete fence.


 

________________________________________________________

"There are two types of education. One should teach us how to make a living,
And the other how to live."
-Larnie Cabalan / Fedeliza Castillo

________________________________________________________


KITCHA KITS

____________________________



John Paul II and Pius XII
move closer to sainthood


Vatican UN nuncio calls world
to ‘discernment and new thinking’
on climate change
____________________________


____________________________

 
____________________________

 


____________________________


_____________________________